Sunday 18 January 2015

The 8th Wonder of The World - Made in Naiga (ONE)


Today is 1st October 2020 and my name is Semako Sabzy Lengy. I am twenty-five year old Naigese Citizen. I was born five years before this new millennium . I would like to tell you a little about myself and how life is now in my nation, Naiga-Wondas. Our citizens are known as Naigese.

I am a mechanic by profession. And when I say 'by profession', I mean exactly that. I'm not a secondary school dropout who had nothing better to do and happened to become a mechanic as a last resort. On the contrary, I am a mechanic by choice because I discovered that I am brilliant mechanically. I love working with anything mechanical.

I enjoy fixing cars. I believe that I was wired by God, the creator, to understand anything that is mechanical. As a result, I now always have fun working in my workshop.

I am licensed to practice and I have a state-of-the-art workshop which my bank financed using my house as collateral. I own my own home even though I'm just twenty-five years old. And I am not the only one who owns a house at such a young age. Most of my contemporaries own their own homes. This is so regardless of the kind of occupation they have. It is a standard thing here in Naiga-Wondas.

Most of us have multiple streams of income and have been business entrepreneurs since we were teenagers. We were taught the principle of wealth creation early in life.

The average eighteen year old runs his/her own business. Almost every citizen who is eighteen years and above is gainfully employed, either full time or part-time.

Over eighty percent of the senior citizen in our society in our society choose semi-retirement instead of full retirement. They make use of their skills in their various communities. Some are appointed as adjunct teachers in the local schools on a part-time or voluntary basis. In addition, most of our senior citizens also become mentors to teenagers and young adults in their various communities.

A large percentage of our citizenry work in businesses or professions in consonance with their gifts, abilities and personalities. They solve problems in the society that bother them most using their talents as tools of reformation.

By doing what they love to do most, they are able to provide an endless range of solutions to the problems they encounter. Our citizens are, in fact, purpose driven. We must have the largest number
of social entrepreneurs in the world.

Our corporation are also purpose-driven, with numerous bottom line by which our society judges their performances. The multiple bottom line includes social, ethical, environmental, political, moral, information and financial. And they are all inter-connected. The financial bottom line is just one of the many to look for in the annual report of any company incorporated in my country.

All over my nation every home has pipe borne water, pipe-borne gas, and direct access to the internet and electricity.

I can proudly say that we have over eight years of uninterrupted power supply all over the country. It's almost too incredible to believe but it is true and it's something we are very proud of. As a nation, we've come a long way from the UP NEPA days!

Our buses and other forms of public transportation are particularly comfortable. They are all fully air-conditioned as standard.

A network of good roads links up different areas of the country, enabling comfortable journeys to any destination. They are also well lit, making night travelling safe. We are now known as the hub of Africa on account of our first-class bus and train stations, and our seaports and airports.

The most amiable and helpful people you are likely to meet on our streets on any given day are our police officers. Their transformation from, ''Oga, anything for the boys?'' to who they are today is a real wonder to behold! Through their efforts, they have made our country one of the securest and least corrupt places on earth. As a matter of fact, we now have zero tolerance for corruption.

The stench of refuse on our streets has long since disappeared, and has been replaces by the sweet fragrance of flowers that fill the air as if one were in paradise. Now, one experiences a peaceful, serene atmosphere just walking down our streets during the day- and even more so at night.

The most wonderful thing about this social change that has occurred over the years is that I can now afford to buy anything I need for myself and my family.

And this is a privilege that all citizens of Naiga-Wondas enjoy. We have a strong economy and one of the most valuable currencies in the world. Our government is now ICT- centred government.

Our resourcefulness has helped us create the world's most dynamic electronic environment. The WONDER CHIP created by a group of Naigese teenagers ( who used to be Yahoo-Yahoo boys) made all this possible. It is just incredible!

We just finished hosting the 2020 Olympics in the city of Calabar in Cross River State with the help of Vesiri Nuhu- Kanu. And we won the highest number of gold medals.

Calabar is now the most successful free trade zone in history. It is even more successful than Dubai.

Naigese are making waves all over the world. Joe Danjuma-Athan-Voesi, a Naigese citizen in his early thirties, just bought over Walt Disney Studios.

Another of our citizens is now the world's most valuable football player; he is also the highest goal scorer in the history of the game. His name is Baaba Labesa-Kirikalio. We won the 2018 FIFA World Cup. And he was part of the team that helped bring the cup home.

Over half of the football players in the national teams of the US, UK, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Russia and Japan were our citizens who naturalized some years ago in order to be able to play for the countries they now represent.

A few years back, some Naigese citizens bought Arsenal Football Club. Ever since then, Arsenal has consistently won the UEFA Champions league.

The world's number one female golf player is Naigese. The most successful Formula One racing driver in history is also a Naigese.

These are just some examples of what our people are doing all over the world and there are still so many more!

Naigese are amongst the worlds most influential people. Out of the world's 100 most influential people, eighty are Naigese.

In my opinion, it is a wonderful time to be alive! And i strongly believe that the best is yet to come!

As an adage says, ''No matter how bad a situation may be, it is always subject to change.'' And that's what happened in my nation Naiga-Wondas ( that was once known as Nigeria)

About fourteen years ago, we launched our national vision and ideology. And it has been our guide through the years . It has inspired every citizen to become a living WONDER on our journey to GREATNESS. The launching of our national vision also helped to trigger what we call: The Second Revolution.

And now we are THE 8th WONDER, GOD'S SHOWPIECE, and the envy of the global village!

Today, as a nation, we celebrate our 60th independence anniversary. We celebrate a phenomenon - Naiga- Wondas, The 8th WONDER of the world!

By: Olaboludele O. Simoyan
Based on the book The 8th Wonder of The World - Made in Naiga
Forward by Dr Christopher Kolade



No comments: